Publication date: November 2015
Publication date: September 2014
Publication date: October 2012
Publication date: May 2013
Publication date: November 2013
Publication date: May 2012
“Okay let me first say if you are a person with no sense of humor and you are easily offended this is clearly not the book for you. I however, have a sense of humor and enjoyed the ride that Lance Manion took me on in this book! His writing style was unique and I must say I had a lot of fun reading this book. I felt as though I was in his head (where he clearly suffers from ADHD) and I almost peed my pants a couple of times. Keep on doing what you do Mr. Manion. I am giving this book 4 stars for creativity and originality and well just being all around twisted and fun!”
“Here we have a collection of strange little tales, fully of the wacky and the wild. Now, some are hilarious, others are quirky and strange, like the author says, it’s like a video montage.”
Each small story that makes up the book is filled with dark satirical humor, and the stories in Merciful Flush are morbidly addicting.
* If you want to be happy find a girl that is a balloon shaped like a kite.
* Listen, you may think you’re the shit with your silk being stronger than steel of the same thickness and all but you don’t know dick about the weather.
* Sometimes at night I lay there and imagine my face with no skin on it.
* I swim with the same finesse that most people drown.
* Eternity is every second you spend in fear.
* I always look at the human body as pretty easy to cut up. Just snip at all the joints; ankles and wrists and elbows.
* Memories are like scars on your brain.
* I might as well be rejoicing about extracting individual hexadecimal digits by calculating preceding ones using some lame Bailey-Borwein-Plouffe formula.
* Words have always been a problem. This need to fill a conversation the same way you’d overstuff a piece of luggage for a short trip.
* All I know is I like the image of a man sitting in a grocery store cradling a bottle of detergent.