Publication date: November 2015
Publication date: September 2014
Publication date: October 2012
Publication date: May 2013
Publication date: November 2013
Publication date: May 2012
“Okay let me first say if you are a person with no sense of humor and you are easily offended this is clearly not the book for you. I however, have a sense of humor and enjoyed the ride that Lance Manion took me on in this book! His writing style was unique and I must say I had a lot of fun reading this book. I felt as though I was in his head (where he clearly suffers from ADHD) and I almost peed my pants a couple of times. Keep on doing what you do Mr. Manion. I am giving this book 4 stars for creativity and originality and well just being all around twisted and fun!”
Each small story that makes up the book is filled with dark satirical humor, and the stories in Merciful Flush are morbidly addicting.
“So, if you enjoy David Sedaris, Tina Fey or movies like The Hangover (parts 1 and 2), Bridesmaids, or even Your Highness, it is quite likely that you’ll enjoy Lance Manion’s collection.”
– Zserilyn Finney The John Hopkins News-Letter
Full review here
* I always look at the human body as pretty easy to cut up. Just snip at all the joints; ankles and wrists and elbows.
* Memories are like scars on your brain.
* I might as well be rejoicing about extracting individual hexadecimal digits by calculating preceding ones using some lame Bailey-Borwein-Plouffe formula.
* Words have always been a problem. This need to fill a conversation the same way you’d overstuff a piece of luggage for a short trip.
* All I know is I like the image of a man sitting in a grocery store cradling a bottle of detergent.
* If you want to be happy find a girl that is a balloon shaped like a kite.
* Listen, you may think you’re the shit with your silk being stronger than steel of the same thickness and all but you don’t know dick about the weather.
* Sometimes at night I lay there and imagine my face with no skin on it.
* I swim with the same finesse that most people drown.
* Eternity is every second you spend in fear.