Publication date: September 2019
Publication date: November 2015
Publication date: September 2014
Publication date: October 2012
Publication date: May 2013
Publication date: November 2013
Publication date: May 2012
“They are off-putting but also entertaining, and you cannot look away. If you enjoy black humor then definitely give this short story compilation a read.”
– Dan Lanelotti The Snapper: Millersville University
Full review here
Each small story that makes up the book is filled with dark satirical humor, and the stories in Merciful Flush are morbidly addicting.
“The humor at times is way out there and may be a bit much for some readers. This is certainly one of those books that at time had me rolling with laughter while other times I was cringing.”
-Rita Rita Reviews
full review here
* I always look at the human body as pretty easy to cut up. Just snip at all the joints; ankles and wrists and elbows.
* Memories are like scars on your brain.
* I might as well be rejoicing about extracting individual hexadecimal digits by calculating preceding ones using some lame Bailey-Borwein-Plouffe formula.
* Words have always been a problem. This need to fill a conversation the same way you’d overstuff a piece of luggage for a short trip.
* All I know is I like the image of a man sitting in a grocery store cradling a bottle of detergent.
* If you want to be happy find a girl that is a balloon shaped like a kite.
* Listen, you may think you’re the shit with your silk being stronger than steel of the same thickness and all but you don’t know dick about the weather.
* Sometimes at night I lay there and imagine my face with no skin on it.
* I swim with the same finesse that most people drown.
* Eternity is every second you spend in fear.