Publication date: September 2019
Publication date: November 2015
Publication date: September 2014
Publication date: October 2012
Publication date: May 2013
Publication date: November 2013
Publication date: May 2012
Each small story that makes up the book is filled with dark satirical humor, and the stories in Merciful Flush are morbidly addicting.
“It isn’t often that I pick up a book and feel that it’s so wrong and yet so right. The stories all have a certain amount of quirkiness and snark that makes them fun to read. My rating for this book is a 4 out of 5.”
Full review here
“So, if you enjoy David Sedaris, Tina Fey or movies like The Hangover (parts 1 and 2), Bridesmaids, or even Your Highness, it is quite likely that you’ll enjoy Lance Manion’s collection.”
– Zserilyn Finney The John Hopkins News-Letter
Full review here
* I always look at the human body as pretty easy to cut up. Just snip at all the joints; ankles and wrists and elbows.
* Memories are like scars on your brain.
* I might as well be rejoicing about extracting individual hexadecimal digits by calculating preceding ones using some lame Bailey-Borwein-Plouffe formula.
* Words have always been a problem. This need to fill a conversation the same way you’d overstuff a piece of luggage for a short trip.
* All I know is I like the image of a man sitting in a grocery store cradling a bottle of detergent.
* If you want to be happy find a girl that is a balloon shaped like a kite.
* Listen, you may think you’re the shit with your silk being stronger than steel of the same thickness and all but you don’t know dick about the weather.
* Sometimes at night I lay there and imagine my face with no skin on it.
* I swim with the same finesse that most people drown.
* Eternity is every second you spend in fear.