Publication date: November 2015
Publication date: September 2014
Publication date: October 2012
Publication date: May 2013
Publication date: November 2013
Publication date: May 2012
“If I have one complaint about the new book from Lance Manion it’s that Merciful Flush pretends to be a book of bathroom humor instead of reveling in what it might be… the most interesting collection of short stories I’ve ever read.”
“A rambling collection of essays, anecdotes, and assorted madness. The humor often borders on the demented, sort of a cross between David Sedaris and Happy Tree Friends. If you’re looking for something well outside the mainstream, this will probably amuse you.”
-Melydia Utter Randomonium
full review here
“They are off-putting but also entertaining, and you cannot look away. If you enjoy black humor then definitely give this short story compilation a read.”
– Dan Lanelotti The Snapper: Millersville University
Full review here
* If you want to be happy find a girl that is a balloon shaped like a kite.
* Listen, you may think you’re the shit with your silk being stronger than steel of the same thickness and all but you don’t know dick about the weather.
* Sometimes at night I lay there and imagine my face with no skin on it.
* I swim with the same finesse that most people drown.
* Eternity is every second you spend in fear.
* I always look at the human body as pretty easy to cut up. Just snip at all the joints; ankles and wrists and elbows.
* Memories are like scars on your brain.
* I might as well be rejoicing about extracting individual hexadecimal digits by calculating preceding ones using some lame Bailey-Borwein-Plouffe formula.
* Words have always been a problem. This need to fill a conversation the same way you’d overstuff a piece of luggage for a short trip.
* All I know is I like the image of a man sitting in a grocery store cradling a bottle of detergent.