Publication date: April 1, 2022
Publication date: September 2019
Publication date: November 2015
Publication date: September 2014
Publication date: October 2012
Publication date: May 2013
Publication date: November 2013
Publication date: May 2012
“They are off-putting but also entertaining, and you cannot look away. If you enjoy black humor then definitely give this short story compilation a read.”
– Dan Lanelotti The Snapper: Millersville University
Full review here
Humor is realizing the frankness and humility in our lives. “Merciful Flush: The Lance Manion Blogs” is a collection of blog articles from Lance Manion as he compiles his views and humor surrounding the world with his work, touching on the many elements we face in our lives that challenge the perspective of the reader. “Merciful Flush” is a fine pick for those looking for mirth and memoir.
“In any collection there are going to be some clunkers but I found very few that didn’t make me either laugh out loud or spend a few moments thinking about what the hell the point of the story was. For anyone looking to kill a few minutes while commuting or take a break from reality I can’t recommend the book highly enough.”
Full review here
* If you want to be happy find a girl that is a balloon shaped like a kite.
* Listen, you may think you’re the shit with your silk being stronger than steel of the same thickness and all but you don’t know dick about the weather.
* Sometimes at night I lay there and imagine my face with no skin on it.
* I swim with the same finesse that most people drown.
* Eternity is every second you spend in fear.
* I always look at the human body as pretty easy to cut up. Just snip at all the joints; ankles and wrists and elbows.
* Memories are like scars on your brain.
* I might as well be rejoicing about extracting individual hexadecimal digits by calculating preceding ones using some lame Bailey-Borwein-Plouffe formula.
* Words have always been a problem. This need to fill a conversation the same way you’d overstuff a piece of luggage for a short trip.
* All I know is I like the image of a man sitting in a grocery store cradling a bottle of detergent.